Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ring in the New Year!

Party hats and favors? Nah, several glasses of vino though and somewhat interesting conversation with a couple we met at the bar next to my apartment. I stand strong in my conviction that Clapton is the greatest living rock-n-roll guitar player. So there. As a matter-of-fact, I'm listening to Mayall and Clapton right now and it's oh-so-good. Mmm, mmm, finger-lickin'.

I am incredibly productive today, yet I have the blahs. I started out my day with the exciting task of getting my oil changed at the Honda dealership. The highlight of that experience was that they had complimentary icee machines swirling away in their bright blue and red goodness. Sadly, it was 8:30am, not exactly prime icee time so next time I get an oil change I will have to plan accordingly.

Someone I care about disappointed me, yet again. When will I learn? I get disrespected time and time again and keep having the faith (wasn't that a lyric in an 80's hair band pop song, "keepin' the faith") that this person actually did respect me and care about me. Yet, I find that based on his actions, I just don't think it's true anymore.
C'est la vie (now that WAS an 80's song, a chorus anyway, something like, Robbie Nevil)

Lovely fitting lyrics for this situation:

C'est La Vie, C'est La Vie - That's just the way it goes (That's Life) Oh yeah
C'est La Vie, C'est La Vie - That's just the way it goes (That's Life)

Baby's gone, all alone (all alone)
Are you sad because you're on your own?
Get that girl, party down
There's so many good ones still around

Man, I never thought I'd quote a Robbie Nevil song. If ever I was cool, I am no longer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Danielle, it sounds like you have the blues. Perk up, it is a brand new year and who knows what wonderful things will happen.

BTW, I use the Honda dealer here and I really think that it is the nicest one I have used. You get to sit by the fire and drink fancy coffee while you get your oil changed. Sometimes the service seems too fast.

Jim