Friday, December 28, 2007

Fog and Snow...What Next?



I never thought I'd see the day when I sat around and complained about the weather. Before moving here, the weather never really affected my daily life, now I live and die by it. Enclosed is a picture of the latest and greatest photo of the evil road I just spent 1.5 hrs on to get to work. Yes, I realize I cannot complain as I chose to live in Sioux Falls, 42 miles away from work. But, at the time, there were several factors that led me to make that decision and I don't totally regret it. I live in fear of crashing on a weekly basis, but no, no regrets. What I don't understand is why people burn past me on the road on a day like today, then, a few minutes later they end up in the ditch, tires squeeling, hands on hips as if mystified by their situation. No sympathy. Shite.

Is it fair that I got the answer to my burning Pogues question? No, I myself, didn't go to wikipedia it was given to me by Jon, HE went to Wikipedia NOT me. So, I say yes, it tis fair. The song in question was "Fairytale of New York," the lead singer of the Pogues is Shane MacGowen (HAHA I was right) and the female singer was Kirsty MacColl and she was killed when a boat hit her when she was scuba diving, this was 2000. My memory is so/so.

Here's an example of how checked-out I've been, I didn't realize that Norman Mailer died two days after my birthday. Geez, pull yer head out. I found out today when I was checking a who-died-in-2007 list online.

I love cheese sticks, colby jack is my fave. Num num.

Here's a great website for weather conditions: http://safetravelusa.com/sd/ (but put yer state in there son, it should work just fine). Who am I kidding, no one reads this anyway.

I got the "Kingdom Come" super fantastic insane coffee table edition for xmas this year. I started reading it before bed last night. Now that my puppy settles down with a chew rather than snacking on my face, I can cuddle with a good book before bed again. Since I left NYC in the firestorm of my creation (yet, another regret) I've not even looked at a comic book, reminded me too much of what I call "my old life." But, reading "Kingdom Come" the first chapter, last night was great. I'm not interested in reading all the comics I once did, but I do miss my gal Wonder Woman and couple other key female characters.

I got the new 8gb iPod Nano for xmas. Here's the idea, I want to load my best cds onto my iPods, thus illiminating the need to 1) display and house ugly cds 2) alpha and deal with ugly cds. Man, the interface on the new iPods is fab. I also had no idea that it played video, even though I have a video iPod already, this feature makes me happy, oh joy. So this exciting weekend will include a juant down to my storage room to retrieve some key cds and burn, baby, burn.

I also might go tubing this weekend. I actually went to a sporting goods store last night and bought the appropriate attire (ugly hat, snow pants, skiing gloves). It took quite a while to find stuff that was somewhat cute (the snow pants are and there were on a super sale). I even have Merrell snow boots (yee-haw). I want to try to be more active than I am now, what with work cutting into my time so much.

Speaking of work, I should probably (as my dad says) "gitty-on-the-gitty-on."

See you after a while,
DA with the Beck Rock

No comments: