Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Goodbye South Dakota...



Too bad downtown Sioux Falls doesnt look like this now.

I have decided to leave. I made my list, I checked it twice and NYC is just too good to pass on. It was always my dream to stay in the city, but my ex-husband wanted back in the Midwest so I reluctanly left. And, well, we all know how well that worked out don't we? The funny thing about this job is I really stopped looking. I decided to pull myself up by my bootstraps and make the best out of the situation. I love my current job and I really like the school and the people here, but I came here for the wrong reason: to make someone else happy. As a result, I lost myself in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I learned a lot. I learned that I should've trusted my gut instincts. But, the work experience and the people I've met here has really impacted my life in a positive way. I will always have positive feelings about the school and its people. Still, in the spirit of trusting my gut, I have to move on. An opportunity like this doesn't come around a second time.

So, I plan to move in March, begin my new job in April. Keep reading because things are going to start getting very intestesting in my life...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Danielle. I wish you the best of luck. I have also been struggling with a similar decision, but I don't have my dream job lined up yet. I am working on it though. Living here has been a learning experience for me, too. I have learned a lot about who I am. I have also decided to move back where I belong.

Once again, best of luck,

Jim

freetobedab said...

Jim,

Can you share with me some of the things you observed about SD? It'd be nice to hear a perspective from someone else; I've always felt so alone. Also, where is it that you belong?

~Danielle

Unknown said...

Danielle, I would be glad to share my observations, but I would feel more comfortable sending you an email.

Jim

freetobedab said...

Certainly. Email my myspace account.