Monday, January 14, 2008

Give Me Truth


I saw "Into the Wild" this weekend (and began reading the book some time ago) and was inspired. Here are some memorable quotes:

Christopher McCandless: I read somewhere... how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong... but to feel strong.
Christopher McCandless: Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.
Christopher McCandless: Some people feel like they don't deserve love. They walk away quietly into empty spaces, trying to close the gaps of the past.

Now I realize that liberty was taken with some of the film, itself, but these quotes (the second one is Thoreau though, originally, but McCandless expands on it) are actually from his writing. I was quite inspired by this film and the McCandless story for countless reasons. Right now, primarily, the sense of adventure, the choice of challenging oneself, and the conviction that things are just things, nothing to base a life on.

Today is a self-reflective day for me.

No comments: