Friday, January 11, 2008

New York, New York...



Here's the question at hand: do I want to stay in SD or move to NYC? I got a job offer today for a job in NYC and I am pretty much worthless at work as a result. I even treated myself to lunch at HiVee (that is the big grocery store chain out here) and got a salad. Their salad bar isn't very good, but neither is much of the food out here so I deal.

My mind is buzzing. My heart is a-flutter. It's time to have a heart-to-heart, a state of the union sort of discussion with my sig. other and see where he stands on this.

Initially, when I first moved out here and discovered that my soon-to-be ex-husband was still with his lady friend, I wanted to move back to NYC to right the wrong that had been done to me. I thought, 'If only I can get back, than all of lies, betrayal, etc wouldn't be so hard to live with.' I've since discovered that had I moved back then, I would've just been running from my feelings and the situation. I'd be leaving with him on my mind. It'd be a revenge move (even though, undoubtedly, he couldn't give a shite about me). Bad, negative energy.

So now the situation had changed, karma had made its rounds and I am staring the possibly of moving back to NYC right in the eye. Honestly, I am torn. Can you even believe that? Career-wise, great opportunity, probably the best. Not to mention the fact that if I am ever to move back to NYC, it would be this opportunity that would take me there. Time to think of the long term now, kids. Feel free to weigh in...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Danielle, congratulations on the job offer. If it is a move up in your career, it might be the thing to do. Anyway, it is good to have choices.

Best of luck,

Jim

freetobedab said...

Thanks Jim. You are so positive, I love it.

:)

Danielle

Unknown said...

Danielle, I can't help but be curious. What is the job in NYC? I assume that it is a University job...yes?

freetobedab said...

Yes, another faculty position at a school on the UES.

DreaJean said...

Missy - even tho you and I haven't been able to connect, I do check in on you - esp since I know your writing will always tell the world the truth, so keep it up! Anyhow, something told me to check your blog today and, "Lo and behold" you are on your way back to the Urban Jungle. Awesome chica and
HELL YEAH you gotta go! You have GOT to do it! Call me soon! Love, Andrea

freetobedab said...

Andrea,

I miss you! I will be home the first of Feb, could we try to get together then? Please email me your current phone number.

Smiles,
Danielle