Thursday, August 7, 2008

Homesick



This video features some of the architectural highlights of my fair city. I'm showing it to you today because I woke-up a bit homesick and then people at work started talking about Thanksgiving and how we have to work and I realized I should just work it because my family is all in Minneapolis. Sniff, sniff. So, I'll probably volunteer.

On a happier note, I found some great web sites for you music fans out there. I don't know about you, but aside from listening to kexp, I really find it difficult to discover new music. Instead, I find myself pawing through re-releases when I'm on iTunes. It's sad, really, because how many versions of "Heart of Glass" does one person really need?

Linkies (discovered with the help of New York Magazine):

Steregum

Pitchfork

And, if you are ever in Mpls, the greatest record store is The Electric Fetus (I even worked there once, in the day-o, daddy-o). It's like the one standing building in a bombed-out village thanks to the genius of Steve Jobs (which I sorta want to bitch-slap sometimes because I used to love to spend my Saturdays thumbing through the goodies at record stores, when I wasn't working at one).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i heart mpls