Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Art Linkies Matey!


I discovered a new magazine (well, new to me), it's called Hi Fructose. So, I've culled some of the linkies for some of the artists, galleries and online stores that I thought were the most fun and/or interesting. I also found some in my favorite art mag, Juxtapoz. Enjoy and happy fishing!

Artists:

KRK Ryden (Mark's bro)

Kukula (the picture featured on this posting): This website is all Flash, so click on the center painting and up pops all kinds of goodies. Excellent site!

Sas Christian and Colin Christian: Amazing, the sculpture has a Murakami surrealistic vibe to it when you see it in person.

Amy Sol: Her work is beautiful and yet sometimes so sad.

Travis Louie: I think this guy is amazing. Both funny and beautiful portraits of very sympathetic creatures of his imagination. I want to be invited to a party and have all of these characters present.

Lori Earley: Excellent web site very befitting of her art. Intoxicating.

Naoto Hattori: His style brings life to these strange creatures. He's a prolific painter and he asserted that, "I consider a painting finished when I see my character 'breathing...;'"

Christopher Polentz: Unique portraits, unreal web site.

Luke Chueh: Violent bunnies predominate. The best kind of bunny, really.

Shawn Barber: Tattooed portraits.

Stuff You Get to Buy if You Have the Coin:

The Giant Peach: Clothes and stuff.

Last Gasp: Where you can fullfill lots of your art book needs, fella.

Sublime Stitching: I am trying to learn how to be crafty.

Sin in Linen: Funky linens, yo.

Hell Kats: If you ever need handcuff earrings, go here (I have).

Fuzzy Balls Apparel: Cute and creepy t-shirts and the like.

Dark Horse: Tara McPherson (I told y'all about her before, back in May methinks) and others have cool products (stationary, books, posters, lighters, etc) put out by this company. Plus comics too!

Galleries:

Excellent Virtu

Think Space Gallery

Roq La Rue Gallery

Last Rites Gallery (This one is in NYC!)

M Modern Gallery

Circus Posterus Art Collective.

Billy Shire Fine Arts

La Luz De Jesus Gallery

And last but not least, NYC's finest: Jonathan Levine Gallery
Enuff's Enuff. That oughta keep you busy for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Art saves