Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm Baaack!

The nice people at Ibiza salon in Union Square are letting me use their laptop to post on this here blog (see how important y'all are to me). I am typing this without my mighty glasses so forgive the typos. I went to my new health club (Crunch) to use their hotspot, but it's down right now. Crunch rocks because they are running a special where I don't pay dues until June. RRROCK. And, it's cheapter than NYSC so I'm in like Flynn (whoever that joker is).

My move is going alright. The chumps at my old apt bldg still have not rented my place so I am getting anxious. Please put the good karma out there for me, I want it rented by MAY or I am in troub-lee-vee. My new apt is squeeky clean and the landlord/owner(s) are very attentive. The neighborhood, well, eh, er, it's a slice of reality this drive-thru acclimated girly isn't all that familiar. But now each day I become more familiar. It's good for me, as I am super close to the city (right over the Williamsburg bridge, actually).

It's funny, I never felt like I fit in in SD, and when I first got here I felt huge pangs of regret, like why did I leave my fab apt and a job that I really loved for the unknown of the city. Now that I'm getting back into the groove of things in the city, I realize that this is where I belong. It is a relief, really. Although there is still a Midwestern girl beneath, I still feel huge relief being back in the city.

It was strange at first though, the noise in particular got to me a bit. Oddly, my apt, being in the back and all, is very quiet save for the next door neighbors who had a big party Sat night, while I was in full hibernation mode. Maddy barked a bit, but hey, no one seems to care as there are dogs everywhere.

I met some of the neighbors in my bldg. Nice, nice, very nice.

I should "getty on the getty on" as my dear old dad says, as they need to wash the dye outta my long locks (did I tell ya I am getting grey, spotty grey but the bA**ards are still poking their evil little heads through).

I saw "Funny Games" at the Angelika (why does that theatre seem dingy lately) and it was DISTUBING. Me no get. Me sorta get, but me no likee. I also saw the new Tyler Perry, with my girl Angela Basset, it was fun, a bit over the top character-wise, but positive message and fun.

I get cable and internet on Friday, I went with the el-cheapo package, but I shold be back sometime this weekend.

Ciao Bella,
Dabeckrock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey woman!

So glad you made it okay, and that you've got your gym, hair, and internet going - very important!

Miss ya! Trav and I are off to Puerto Vallarta next week - can't wait!

This summer, we'll def be coming to NYC! Hope your apmt. leases and your man gets there soon too!

Love, Andy

freetobedab said...

Andrea,

Thanks girly. I am so happy for your trip (it's a Love Boat destination, I wonder if Julie will be there)! I just got back online so I will email you. My mom is in town until Saturday so let's catch-up after that.

You guys are welcome to come out anytime! Trav is a doll.

Smiles,
DABeckrock