Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bee-ew-tee-full Day


This is an old-time photo of the bridge I take to get into the city every day. A great thing happened today: I discovered the joy of the Z express train. It got me into Union Square in ten minutes. Thus, making my commuter a little less than 30 mins. Yes, you heard me right, thirty minutes versus the hour it took me to get to mighty Brookings. Color me thrilled, fellow travelers, as I am a commuting machine.

Tis not eazy, breezy to be the new girlie on the block. They are putting me to work swiftly and for that I'm pleased as I hate being the sit-behind-your-desk new employee with nothing but a box of pens, a stack of post-it's and three empty manila folders. Give me somethin' to do or sweet misery.

My neigbhorhood is growing on me. Mainly because the place is affordable (well, as affordable as things can be here, if ya know what I mean), I have a back yard (insert image of me simply opening the door to let Maddie enjoy her morning excretions), and I am 10 mins (or so) from the city (Bowery another four to Union Sq). When I lived on the UES it took me a good half hr-45 mins to get to Pratt (14th St) which, as it happens, is where I tend to spend most of my time (my club is there, decent Whole Foods, many movies, comic book store, etc). I'm starting to settle in now.

Same old story with my old Apt in Sioux Falls. Don't ask me about it, I just cannot utter a single syllable on that topic.

Today's observations: a woman was cleaning out her bag on the Z train and placed all the items on the floor in front her as she sorted, not caring one ounce if anyone stomped on them (they didn't) as they exited the train. She was one angry scrubs-wearing woman. I have my nose buried in my book when I ride, but this was worthy of a watch.

iTunes ripped me off 100 clams and I am P-Oed. I guess that somehow I sent a gift certificate from myself to myself, but not to myself, to the email box for Briggs Library. And, someone opened said email and clicked on the "Redeem Now" button, thus activating said gift certificate (downloads into the account of the person who opened it). Now I am out 100 bucks with no recourse. I complained to Apple, but they no care. I've taken the case up with my credit card company, but who knows how many ions that'll take. Why I ougghta.

More later...

No comments: