Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hit the Road, Jack (Day 38 (I changed my last day) and Counting)


The great fight between me and the passive/aggressive JHOLE that lives below me rages on. Consider it round 2. He wrote me the following email yesterday:

Danielle:

Hi! The barking situation hasn't seemed to improve, as your dog is yipping non stop this morning and its before 7am. I have not talked to the landlord again, as I respect your wishes on dealing with this amongst ourselves. I am gone for a week starting today. Please let me know how you plan to resolve this when I return. I will talk to the landlord again if need be, and frankly, am going to give them my notice when the contract expires this spring. I have lots of reasons for wanting to move, but the barking is at the top of the list.

John

OKAY, my side. First of all, the dog is in daycare 3-4 times a week so saying that the "barking situation" hasn't improved is a flat-out-lie. Yes, going to work one day early, ONE FRIGGIN DAY, and he flips out. I normally wait, seriously, to go in until after 8am as I know this guy gets up at 8am.

Now, remember, this is the guy that a month after I moved-in called the landlord because I was "repeatedly slamming doors and yelling at all hours of the day/night." NOT TRUE, one morning, yes, it was early, I was getting ready for work and my former (RIP) dog Lady peed on the suit I had just put on. I flipped-out because the pee ran off of my lap and onto my bed. I had to wash the comforter cover, but I was supposed to be into work way early that day (teaching a class) and barely made it in. So yes, I slammed one door and said, "Dammit Lady" and that was it.

Now, dear imaginary reader, I have this to ask you (do weigh in, if so desired) if you move into a known dog building with zero restrictions (no size restrictions, etc) do you or do you not have to accept a certain amount of dog-related things. Such as, pee on the snow in the back lot, bags of poo in dumpsters, dogs around, dogs sometimes barking. If you don't like it, then I suggest...

(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.)
(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.)
What you say?
(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.)
(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.)

*EDITORS NOTE*
I responded to the guy basically what I wrote above, minus the Ray Charles lyrics, of course. I utilized my talent for sarcasm to the fullest.
Also, I have recorded my puppy after I leave and she barks for maybe, just maybe five minutes and then she goes to sleep.