Friday, September 19, 2008

TGIF and Sprite Zero Rules

This is a picture of The Ettes from the Bowery Ballroom show the other night. Dig it. The show was grrrreat, but way too short. The venue is a lot like the 2nd St. Entry in Mpls, but nicer. I sorta think it might be a little smaller too, but I'm a horrible judge of distance and size, I admit.



This is a picture of the Swell Season (mentioned them in an earlier blog) the show I went to on Weds in Central Park. By far the best show I've seen in the past couple years, I kid you not. They were fun, funny, and sounded great (except for the one song they used the electronic drum kit/synth because their drummer's unplanned absence). It was dark, I wasn't too far away but getting a decent photo wasn't eazy breezy.

As for this weekend, nothing much to speak of here folks. I might tame my mane, but I fear that if I do, I might lose all my super powers. Plus, somehow I always walk away spending more than I'd planned. I despise getting my hair messed-with. But, then, there grays are a-pokin' thru so in an effort to disguise my rapidly advancing age I may go vain on yer azz and wash that gray right outta my hair.

By-the-by, for youse comic book fans out there, might I recommend a couple books for ya: the new Batgirl Series is kickin' it old school these days, with Cassandra Cain going medieval on her father and her sisters arses.

There is this awes-um new series called "Trinity" featuring Superman, Batman and my girl Wonder Woman and it's very trippy (and action-filled, naturally). I just got in on it and am only on #9, but thus far, very good.

Birds of Prey featured Huntress on her smokin' motorcycle this past issue. But, regardless, the story is good and Oracle is finally going to meet-up with Joker in upcoming issues. Double-true.

And last, but certainly not least, the latest Wonder Woman was not for the younger-set. It looks like WW is falling for another guy (in as much as she is capable, the girl sometimes struggles feeling the depth of feelings as us humans, example in this weeks book: Tom Tresser (that's her lurve interest) says, "I mean, can you even...feel this?" (He says, holding her hand.) WW replies, "No Tom. Not the way you do, I'll admit. But I do feel something." Interpret it as you will. Meanwhile, her mother asks Tom if he's slept with WW yet, he replies in such a way that it's obvious that they've never even kissed. THEN, her mother urges him to get WW prego, "Babies, Good guardsman. As many as you can provide for, as quickly as you may produce them. Babies, babies, babies." Oh, yeah, and Hippolyta makes him an Amazon too. Forgot to mention that...

Okay, back to work girly girl, web pages don't create themselves you know.

Toodles....

No comments: