Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Julianna Hatfield at the Bowery and More...


I've been trapped in my cube lately, sorry for the delay in keeping up-to-date on my blog.

Here's what I've been up to:
~Obviously I saw Julianna Hatfield at the Bowery Ballroom. The show was great. She is adorable, total girl-crush material for me. But, here's a weird story, on the subway ride (from Williamsburg to Manhattan) to the show this odd-looking, large guitar-carrying dude was in my car on the phone with a friend, or girl friend, arguing, loudly, about being late to meet him/her or some other confusion. Turns out, said guy was Hayden, the opener for Julianna Hatfield, the same guy whose record I'd bought only a couple days earlier (it's good, or "gute" as my very-German grandmother used to say). Since I bought it iTunes, I never got a good looksie at the fella, but it twas him my friends, same dude, same clothes. Funny. No?

~I saw "Towelhead" and was thoroughly intrigued. I highly recommend it if you're okay with Neil LeBute films and films of that nature (examples: "In the Company of Men," "Your Friends & Neighbors," and "The Shape of Things") for there shall be no messing-around, you will, and I mean you will, squirm. Naturally, I loved it.

On tap for tonight:

~The Ettes at Mercury Lounge for a little girl-punk fun.

Some interesting LINKIES I found in my many travels:

~My Julianna Hatfield Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30552038@N07/#photo2863474830

~Creative Commons: A Mashup Organization, or THE mashup organization

~WorldofGoodbyEBAY

No comments: