Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Top Ten Reasons I Want to be Mary Tyler Moore (circa the MTM Show)



Yes, my jaw in that shot makes me look a) fat b) like Minnie Driver, neither option is good. I am so NOT photogenic nor am I awake enough to play the replace-my-face Photoshop game (didn't even try to match skin tones, so be it).

Top Ten Reasons Why I Wish I Were Mary Tyler Moore as the character she played on her 1970's series.

1. One word: Spunky

2. Purrfectly nummy hair and wardrobe (on the first three seasons anyway) and oh-so-1970's thin.

3. I want people to call me "Mare" instead of Mary (which means I'd be called "Dane" which wouldn't be cool).

4. How I long to utter the words, "Oh Lou!"

5. Rhoda was a real WTF bff and I could use someone like her dropping in on me all the time (plus, dig the scarves she wrapped around her noggin).

6. Love the apartment. The sunk-in bed reminds me of John Lennon's apartment in "Help."

7. She's single and loving every minute of it (single women in the world unite) but still dates some fuglys.

8. Let's Murray go on pretending he isn't gay (that Mare sure is a nice gal).

9. Seriously, was a role model for Oprah, now if that isn't enough.

10. SHE LIVES IN MY HOMETOWN!!!!!! (I'd move back in a second, I miss ya Minneapolis!)

The only downer, crappy job. A producer for a go-nowhere show? Huh? I dig my gig as a librarian, wouldn't give it up for the world (fist bump to all you librarians out there, you know you agree).

Thanks to www.hulu.com for reminding me how much I love this show. (And, did you know Husker Du does a cover of the theme song. Yah, huh, fer real.)

No comments: