Monday, July 28, 2008


I stopped into Goodbye Blue Monday the other night to enjoy a happy hour glass of vino (dirt cheap, cool place) and I shuffled out back to check out the bands playing. Then, who sits down nearby but Phoebe Cates and her husband Kevin Kline. Yes, that is about as random as it gets. Their kids were there also (it was an underage crowd out back) so that must be the reason as they seemed to know everyone. But still. I have had a girl crush on her since "Fast Times" so it was quite cool to see her in person. And yes, she is very pretty, still, and recognizable, no doubt. It was also weird seeing Kevin Kline as I'd watched "The Big Chill" earlier in the week when I was illin' so seeing those folks in person is always a bit odd.

Then, the next day I was pawing through veggies at USQ farmers market and there was good ole' Malcolm McLaren of Sex Pistols/Bow Wow Wow/Adam and the Ants and Sex Shop fame. Double-true.

Today's Linkies:

Work/Library/Technology-Related:
LifeHacker: A Tech Tips Blog. A good one, too.

A Listing and Summary of some choice library blogs.


Fun/Interesting Stuff:

Sioux Falls Animal Humane Society: I really like the way they updated their site, in particular the listing of adoptable pets is an easy to read list and it's very cool that they have accompanying video.

Must go eat, feeling crummy again today. I'll to this list later today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phoebe Cates is a total fox and she just turned 45 July 16th. Damn. And I mean it, daaaammmmnnnn.