Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hey SD, Welcome Me Back to Town..


My drive back to mighty SD was another frightening experience. I counted at least 10 cars off the road, and one semi with an engine fire. All this and my evil adversary: fog. Thick, soupy, dirty-water-looking fog. So it was a relief when I returned home, I was actually happy to return home this time. I've not been home for more than two days in the last three weeks (or so). I am a travelin' gal.

I am getting tired of my neighborhood though. I was walking my dog around 6:30pm last night and naturally there was a random yelling god-knows-what to the sky, then to the sidewalk, then to a parked car. I had to cross the street. About an hour later Jason came over and we went to this great new wine bar next door (we sampled two different wines, both reds, good I thought but I'm no wine critic or anything). We got a spot on the cozy over-stuffed leather chairs next to this cool glass fireplace. Ahhhh, then, said random barged into the bar ranting. The bartender (we were chatting with him earlier) pretty much walked away from the guy and came down and sat with us. Which is fine, for a while. What I don't understand is why people out here are so afraid of confrontation? I would've kicked him out on his ear just for being distruptive. But the general rule of thumb is to ignore it, it seems. Annoying. We finally left. Real bright of the bartender, let random guy who isn't buying anything, chase out two paying customers. Why I ougghta..

On another note, the other night I went to the CC Club in Mpls with my bestfriend (Jeff) just to have a tom collins (as no one out here knows what the heck it is or how to make it) when we took a table right next to, dag-nab-it, what's his name? Yes, I got it, Josh Hartnett (hold on while I head out to IMDB quick) so I guess he was in "Sin City," but other than that, nothing I'd exactly call great movies. ANYWAY, he's from Mpls, graduated from South (thanks IMDB for that fun fact), explains why he was in MPLS on xmas day, at the CC Club (which I still love, despite the fact that the crowd is pretty young). We spent pretty much the whole time trying to remember the name of the lead singer of the Pogues (and I will not look it up yet, even though it's bugging me I know I'll remember it, Shane MacGowen I think) but were disturbed, from time-to-time, by these fugly girls crowding around his table throwing themselves at him and asking for his autograph (what is it about autographs, why do people want them?). It was a bit of a buzz-kill so we left and hit Mortimers instead. Plus, sometimes the people that work at CC could learn a thing or two about not being such yelling freaks, if you want my humble opinion (and I mean the big girl in the horn-rimmed glasses and the Simpson's T-shirt, you know who you are). Oh, I almost forgot, Josh Hartnett has no azz (like, where the azz should be is a giant air-bubble or something). Bummer for him.

Mortimers was fun though. The bartender had a great attitude. Jeff goes there and chats with the guy a couple times a month and for reasons unknown to me, he calls Budwiezer Manweizer. Hm, funny one.

No comments: