Monday, June 2, 2008

This is Planet Earth...


I came, I went, I saw. It was a great time. The picture above shows our boys Duran Duran in this weird line-up they did, which was admittedly three parts cheesy, one part pretty damn cool. Notice Simon, what's that, yeah, you are correct sir, he's playing a guitar (not in this actual shot, but believe me, it happened). Odd. I know.

AnyWHO it was a great time, my friends, and despite my advanced years I danced like Molly Ringwald in "The Breakfast Club" and have absolutely no regrets. You know what, girls just wana have fun. So there.

I am here to urge you to go to some of these reunion shows (not New Kids on the Block though, that is just wrong since they blew in the day anyway) because they can be a riot. Also, Duran Duran, I discovered, are really good musicians and sounded great live. The only downside: Simon Lebon has no rhythm. He dances like GWBush in that footage with the African dudes. NOT cool Simon. Follow John Taylor's lead, that boy and his bass guitar have rhythm. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT, do that pointing thing you do during "A View to A Kill" or that criss-crossed arms move during "Wild Boys" (two songs I could happily live without, but were wildly popular).

No comments: