Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hey, That's My Chew! Gimmie!



Uh oh, here she goes again posting photos of her dog. Yup. She's damn cute so you can't stop me. This one is from Tuesday night, right after I bought her this g-damn nasty azz chew that is solid rawhide on the outside, but the fun surprise is the shaved rawhide bits on the inside. These bits are super fun, they crumble, stink, and coat everything they touch. Oh, what I do for luv.

I'm still a sniffly mess and I'm NOT happy about it. Also, it makes me crabby. Here are my categorized updates.

Subway Yesterday:

Every step of the way yesterday, on each leg of my commute, after the doors closed there were people either preaching or asking for money, always starting-out like this: "Good [morning/evening/afternoon] Ladies and Gentlemen. I don't mean to disturb you but..." and it went from there. Now, I never have cash (a symptom of not banking here, not yet anyway, so I get charged-up the wazoo to withdrawl so I normally get cash by paying a tab with my card and my friends then pay me), so I rarely give people money. But yesterday, being sick and all, I found myself disgruntled by the last person on the 6 at like, what, 8pm last night. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Then, these 20-somethings around me pulled-out crockpots and other containers of food and started handing them over to this guy. Suddenly I realized that in truth, maybe, like Sandler in "The Wedding Singer" "I am an asshole." Lesson to learn here: don't turn into one of those hardened people, everyone has a story to tell. Also, NYers are nice people, just not me yesterday.

What's on Tap for Today:
Me and some friends from work are going to lunch at a fancy foo-foo place up here on the Upper East Side (or UES as they say on CL or Craigslist). It's NYC restaurant Week and I thought sure, when else can I afford fine-dining? I'll post a full-review after I gorge.

Not much else is a-happening-hot-stuff for me today EXCEPT, some dude name Joshua (um, k) called me a "Troll" in a line of blog comments today. I beg to differ. But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no? I haven't heard anyone called a troll since my mid-90's AOL days. Those were the good old days in dial-up evil chat rooms.

Linkies:

Mashable's Guide to Conferences and Events (There are some Web 2.0 events.)

Friendfeed (Track yer pallies by creating an account. I aint got no friends so it's useless to me.)

A NYT article on the deadly dog flu. What's funny about this (if there is such a thing) is that none of the local news stations here in the city gave much detail on this. Basically, they said there's a dog flu and it's catchy and don't let yer dog near a coughing and hacking dog (duh, who does that) and that if your dog keeps coughing for three (!) weeks, take them to the vet. I dunnon bout' chew (Willis) but when Maddy got kennel cough it took two days of coughing before I took her in. Also, why not tell me what could happen? Is it fatal? Typical. But, this article does a decent job of putting things into perspective. Fear-based media, why I oughta....

No comments: